Adding an input device to SunView?

Kyle Upton kyle at aplpy.jhuapl.edu
Fri Mar 31 23:13:03 AEST 1989

Has anyone had experience adding an input device into SunView, e.g. adding
an additional Virtual User Input Device (vuid) on a Sun running SunOS 3.5?

There are some ioctls in the mouse driver (line discipline) that allow one
to change the address of the vuid segment. It seems to me I should be able
to mimic a Sun mouse byte stream, send it through a second instance of the
mouse driver and map it into its own segment in vuid address space. I've
had some success with this but am wondering how much vuid functionality
this will allow me.

Kyle Upton                             Phone: 301 953 6806
Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab      Internet: kyle at aplpy.jhuapl.edu
Johns Hopkins Rd   Laurel, MD 20707    UUCP: ...bpa!cp1!aplcen!aplvax!kyle