Frame support costs

Mark Lawrence lawrence at tusun2.knet.utulsa.edu
Fri Mar 31 14:48:38 AEST 1989

We have two licenses and are simply thrilled with:
	Frame's capabilities
	The *fast* response (via e-mail) to how-to questions not obvious in
		documentation
	The wonderfully simple and functional installation script
	The floating license server.

Our SUP costs are $715 for the first license and $395 for additional ones.
Since Frame only has to send us one media for each update, I would think
that somewhere between $700-$1000/year should really be more than
sufficient (the cost to them to support us is minimal also).  If we had
additional licenses, I think I would start talking to the folks at Frame
about reasonable pricing or site licensing.

Another bugaboo on the horizon is the X version of Framemaker.  We intend
to run a mixed X and SunView environment (initially).  Talking to Judy
Calhoun at Frame last week (when I ordered our X version), she said that
Frame hasn't figured out the support policy for the X version yet.  If
they try to hit me up for 2*($715+($395*(n-1))) just so I can have that
environment, then I will do some serious inarticulate sputtering.