Sun 3 console question

Brent Chapman capmkt!brent at uunet.uu.net
Mon Mar 6 09:51:46 AEST 1989

The fix is real simple: delete /dev/fb, /dev/kbd, and /dev/mouse on
servers that don't have bitmapped consoles, keyboards, and mice.  We used
to have this problem, too, and it went away after I deleted those devices
at the suggestion of our Sun FSE (Steve Cook, who does a great job for us;
all my problems with Sun support are on the software side...).

-Brent
--
Brent Chapman					Capital Market Technology, Inc.
Computer Operations Manager			1995 University Ave., Suite 390