talking to an ethernet interface on a SUN 3/50 or 3/60 under OS3.5

Mike Thompson iotek!mike at uunet.uu.net
Wed May 17 05:24:52 AEST 1989

I need to be able to send and receive raw ethernet packets on SUNs running
OS3.5. I will be communicating with a custom board running a non-standard
protocol so I need to be able to control the contents of the ethernet
packet.

If anyone out there has done anything similar to this I would appreciate
any pointers or examples (we don't have sun sources).  I've looked at the
networking manuals provided by sun but they don't seem to give all the
necessary details.

					Thanks in advance
--
Michael A. Thompson, Iotek Inc, |*| E-Mail: mike at iotek.uucp	|*| Have