R sendmail option

Bruce Barnett barnett at unclejack.crd.ge.com
Sat May 6 22:35:50 AEST 1989

>Rserver		Remote mode.  Deliver through remote SMTP server.
>		Default is location of /var/spool/mail.

I believe this option should be used when you are NFS mounting a
/var/spool/mail directory to several suns.

When you send mail, the client sends it to the server, which sends the
mail message. Your "From: " line says the mail came from the server.

If you set your .forward file to point to your account on the server, then
all replies will go to the server. If your workstation is down, you will
still get mail.

--
Bruce G. Barnett	<barnett at crdgw1.ge.com>