Help with 4.0 upgrade on Sun 3/260

Robert Perlberg perl at step.UUCP
Thu May 11 16:17:24 AEST 1989

gwl at beach.cis.ufl.edu (Gerry Lawrence) writes:
> I've just been (conned) into upgrading to 4.0 on our 3/260.  We've got two
> Fujitsu 2333's, 8 megs of ram and a 1/4inch tape drive.  I can get all the
> way through the suninstall forms up until the "Installation" menu item,
> which immediately gives:
>
>         Bus error: core dumped
>
> Ulch!  I've tried different disk partitions, different options, to no
> avail.  Has anyone had this problem?

We did.  Our configuration is a Sun-3/280 with no monitor.  We use a
vt100-like terminal on ttya as the console.  We were told by Sun to type
something like this:

eval `tset -m:vt100`

before running suninstall.  Apparently Sun didn't test suninstall enough
on such a configuration.

Robert Perlberg
Dean Witter Reynolds Inc., New York
phri!{dasys1 | philabs | mancol}!step!perl
	-- "I am not a language ... I am a free man!"