Delivery Problems with Sun

John A. Murphy jam at philabs.philips.com
Sat May 6 16:18:23 AEST 1989

>>We have an outstanding order for over four months and
>>SUN has been shifting its position on the delivery of this card.
>
>Welcome to the club. We ordered an SMD-4 back in January and we're
>still waiting. I was promised 45-day delivery time back in January,
>but our Sun sales rep was replaced in the meantime and of course

Add another to the list of disgruntled customers.  I've had extra 3/60
fans on order since January.  Our promises went from 30 days to within 45
to we'll get back to you.  At one point they even told us they had shipped
which got us off their back for a couple of weeks.  Several times we were
told "They will be shipping next
Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday/week".  We are still waiting.  It
irritates me more that I can't get an accurate schedule from them so I can
plan around the delays.

Two weeks ago our Sun sales rep. was telling us the woes Sun is having as
they change their MIS system from system designed for a $100 million
dollar company to a new system that can handle their $2 billion a year
sales.  Only problem with this is my fans were way on back order long
before this change happened.

BTW, has anyone else experienced problems with the 3/60 fans?  We have had
to replace about a third of our 3/60 fans and some friends at other sites
have had similar failure rates.  Our Sun salesman once again said he
talked to the Eastern service manager and said they haven't had any kind
of global problem with these fan units.  Am I just unlucky?  Can anyone
give me an address where I could buy these fans from a distributor or a
manufacturer?

Any and all responses welcome.

Murf

p.s You can get the Xyologics 753 controller from MESA (203)878-6800
amoung others for under $1600 with 30 day delivery.
John A. Murphy                          jam at philabs.philips.com
345 Scarborough Road
Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510    One one-trillionith of a surprise: picaboo
(914)945-6216