END of file test in F77 under SUN OS 4

Lars Andersson larsa at spirit.nada.kth.se
Thu May 11 12:26:00 AEST 1989

In article <891 at draken.nada.kth.se> larsa at nada.kth.se (Lars Andersson) writes:

>The typescript included below exhibits an example of what I personally
>consider to be nonstandard f77 behaviour. I would call it a bug, but this
>is so simple and basic stuff that I can't see how it could leak through
>even the most elementary test.
 [example program deleted]

Well, after talking to the SUN support people, I got a tape containing no
less than six separate bugfixes, one of which covered the previously
mentioned one.

It seems to me that news about bugfixes etc should be distributed by
software companies (such as SUN) to license holders, _without_ users
having to prompt the support people for this.

I would like to know whether this is standard practice.

Lars Andersson

larsa at nada.kth.se