need auto-logout program and info about tcsh

George A. Planansky umb!umb!gplan at husc6.harvard.edu
Wed May 24 05:51:51 AEST 1989

We would like to have an auto-logout feature, whereby idle connections
are logged off, for our OS4 and our 4.2 systems.  How is this done?

We would also like some decent command line editing ... right now it's
the top "trivial but essential" item on our users' wish list (but wait
until they see the newly implemented connect time charges ...).

Is the "tcsh" a solution, will it work with OS 4 and with 4.2, and, if
so, how do I "get" it?

George Planansky, Atmosphere Environment Research, Cambridge Mass.
617 641-3128
email (via csnet):  gplan at ra.umb.edu