Ending a SunView Application

rick grubin grubin at toadwar.ucar.edu
Wed May 24 06:36:29 AEST 1989

We have an application that, when it runs, uses the entire monitor screen
as its display.  We have need for a way to stop the SunView processes(es),
clear the screen, and log out an account when this application is to be
stopped.  What I am after is something analogous to how SunView works when
you exit it; that is, you select "Exit SunView" from the menu, and then
all your windows processes are killed, the screen is cleared, and you are
logged out (if you fire up SunView from your .login, and choose to exit
upon its completion).

Is there some sort of call or sequence of calls to accomplish this task?
We've been able to successfully stop SunView and its processes, but not
clear the screen before logout.  Does anyone have any clues/pointers?

E-mail would be a preferred reply in this case, as an answer as soon as
possible would be the best, but a post is good, too.  Thanks in advance
for any help provided.

Rick Grubin, Nat'l Center for Atmospheric Research
grubin at toadwar.UCAR.EDU  ...!ncar!toadwar!grubin