using gets/printf in sunview

Marty Leisner.Henr at xerox.com
Wed May 24 22:54:49 AEST 1989

I want to use a panel of buttons to interpret options in a program,  which
in turn run subroutines which use the traditional unix mechanisms of
communications via gets and printf.  I've built a tty window and did the
appropriate calls to redirect stdin/out to the window.

I don't want to start building state machines to monitor the input tty
window.

I have no problem writing to a tty window -- how do I essentially implement
gets() to a tty window which actually does blocking.

I'd be happy to see a program which:
	1) builds a panel with one button
	2) builds a tty window
and displays it in the tty window, using stdio.

I've went through the various examples in the manual and I can follow what
they're doing but I can't pull this all together so all the features I want
work at the same time.

marty
ARPA:	leisner.henr at xerox.com
GV:  leisner.henr