question on panic message

Tom Ma mdivax1!ma at uunet.uu.net
Sat May 6 10:01:02 AEST 1989

Can someone please help, our Sun 3/280 running 3.5 has been crashing
almost everyday and we are at our wits end.

Here it is:

We have a Sun 3/280, running 3.5, with one Xylogics 451 disk controller,
one Xylogics 753 disk controller, a second Ethernet controller, an ALM-1
controller, a Meg tape controller and 16 Meg of total memory.  The machine
has been crashing frequently with the panic message "panic: Vector address
0x0" ever since we added the Xylogics 753 disk controller and two Fujitsu
M2382K drives. We have replaced the Xylogics 753 but the machine still
crashes with the same panic message. We called Sun hotlines two weeks ago
but we still have not hear anything from them yet.

Has anyone had the same problem with the Xylogics 753 controller running
under 3.5? Can someone also tell me what the panic message means?  Please
reply by e-mail to uunet!ubc-cs!mdivax1!ma.

Thanks
--
Tom Ma
Mobile Data International