Sysgen SC4000/Emulex MT02

Bob Knight knight at sfi.santafe.edu
Sat May 27 03:20:34 AEST 1989

I have an Archive 9045 .25 inch tape drive that I'm currently using with
the Sun controller on a 2/120 (ar() device).  I would like to replace the
Sun controller with a SCSI-QIC controller that'll plug and play.  Since I
don't know a whole heck of a lot about this issue, I have some questions:

	.  are the two mention in the subject line my only options?

	.  will I be able to use high density write/reads with either of
	of the above controllers (without changing the jumper on the tape
	drive, that is)

	.  do you know of any used equipment suppliers that sell these?

One reason for moving to SCSI entirely, of course, is that I'm looking
down the road to buying a 3/80 or SparcStation.  Compatibility with those
guys is very important to me.

So, if you have any information for me, please reply to me.  If there's a
lot of interest (not very likely), I'll summarize to the list.

Thanks in advance,
Bob
knight at sfi.santafe.edu