RAM expansion for 3/50

kusalik%SKLPL.USask.CA at cornellc.cit.cornell.edu kusalik%SKLPL.USask.CA at cornellc.cit.cornell.edu
Tue May 16 05:53:55 AEST 1989

>could someone point me in the direction of vendors who sell an extra 4MB
>of RAM for the Sun 3/50? how much can we expect to pay?

I bought mine from
        Solflower Computer, Inc
        Suite A-108
        1630 Oakland Rd
        San Jose, CA
        (408)452-5780

Their list price was $US1595 for an 8M board with 4M of SIMM on it.  My
purchase price was less because of educational discount.

I liked the idea of a memory upgrade to which I can later add another 4M.

The memory arrived promptly after the order was placed.  Installation went
fine, except for a bit of confusion regarding what to do with jumper J108
(though the included troubleshooting sheet quickly led us to a solution)

All in all, I'm a satisfied customer.