Root login using rlogin to a 386i

Pat Lashley apple!kla!pat at decwrl.dec.com
Sat May 20 12:01:18 AEST 1989

In article <8904292329.AA20221 at scotty.dccs.upenn.edu> reilly at scotty.dccs.upenn.edu (G B Reilly) writes:

| A colleague of mine insists upon being able to rlogin as root into his Sun
| 386i.  Is there some clean way to support this.  Comments on how dumb this
| is are not welcome as the machine is on a closed network.

It is also necessary to add `secure' to the end of each line in /etc/ttytab.
(Actually the first dozen or so should be more than enough...)

ttyp0	none				network		off	secure
ttyp1	none				network		off	secure
ttyp2	none				network		off	secure

PMLashley	...{sun | megatest | sts | zygot}!cohesive!kla!pat
<<< I haven't lost my mind.  It's backed up on tape somewhere... >>>