Status of the Sun-386i list

William LeFebvre phil at Rice.edu
Tue May 16 09:05:12 AEST 1989

The Sun-386i list has run into trouble.  The person who initially
volunteered to run the list has decided that, for reasons beyond his
control, he cannot run the list.  He still has the list of subscribers and
I believe he is accumulating messages.

What we need now is another volunteer.  I had one other person who
expressed interest in running it, but I have lost his address.  If he or
anyone else is interested in maintaining the Sun-386i list, please send
mail to me at <phil at Rice.edu>.  I would prefer the "home" site to be
directly on the Internet (be it ARPANet, NSFNet, Cypress, whatever)
instead of a UUCP-only site.  The reason is practical in nature:  a
UUCP-only site might not be able to handle the increased load very
effectively.

I think this list could be very beneficial to the Sun community.  The
problems that 386i maintainers face are very unique to the machine, and
are usually not shared by the 680x0 and Sparc architectures.

Please excuse the small digest, but I wanted to get this particular
message out.

	William LeFebvre
	Sun-Spots moderator
	Department of Computer Science