New Sun keyboard

Alec Dunn alecd%extro.ucc.su.OZ at uunet.uu.net
Thu May 18 10:27:13 AEST 1989

> what does everyone think of the new PS/2 style keyboards ...

Why is it that every computer company, when it starts to feel important,
changes keyboards on us?  IBM do it, DEC do it, Apple did it, now Sun are
doing it.

It must be 100 years since typewriters were invented and we still can't
agree on where the keys should be?

I'm using a 3/50 -- the Alt, compose, help, F1 through F12, etc keys do
nothing for me.  My ideal keyboard, for a mouse-based system, would be the
one you used to get on the old Macintoshes (just alphanumerics and
punctuation, no function keys) plus a detachable VT100 keypad for people
who need VT100 emulation.

Alec Dunn             alecd at facet.ee.su.oz
Electrical Engineering
University of Sydney