CG5 video quality

Hans Helmonds mcvax!sci.kun.nl!medfys at uunet.uu.net
Wed May 17 23:39:10 AEST 1989

We are using a BARCO-graphics large screen video projector to display the
video output of a SUN4/260CXP using a CG5 frame- buffer. Because of the
enlargement by the projector we noticed some irritating jitter hitherto
unnoticed on the standard 19" color display (made by hitachi, I think) .
The dealer attributed the problem to an interaction of the 50Hz
powersupply and the 66Hz vsync of the CG5, but he also suggested it might
be one of the oscillators on the videoboard.  Has anyone experienced
similar problems and found a solution?

Tjeerd Dijkstra.