Output from "ac" runs together

David Kovar daedalus!kovar at husc4.harvard.edu
Wed May 31 02:30:05 AEST 1989

  When I run ac over my wtmp files, I tend to get output that looks like
this:

        s89aa008101.61      (Account name is "s89aa008")
        s89ad002  4.24
        jkahng    9.89
        s89ad000  4.36
        s89ad003132.50      (Account name is "s89ad003")
        wade     12.51
        s89aa003 29.69
        s89ad008 71.95
        s89aa004226.27      (Account name is "s89aa004")

Any account names that are eight characters long run into any time fields
that are three digits wide on the left side of the decimal point. This
makes parsing the output with awk a tad difficult. Does anyone have a
patch or a new copy of ac that will fix this problem?

-David C. Kovar
	Technical Consultant			ARPA: kovar at husc4.harvard.edu
	Office of Information Technology	BITNET: corwin at harvarda.bitnet
	Harvard University			MacNET: DKovar
						Ma Bell: 617-495-5947

"It is easier to get forgiveness than permission."