SNAP problem on 386i

Jon Dunn jwd at phil.indiana.edu
Sun May 14 09:42:54 AEST 1989

We have a problem with SNAP on a 386i in that it no longer will add users.
When you click on the "add" button, a message appears saying that the RPC
system rejected a request, probably due to a bad publickey entry.  I've
checked /etc/.rootkey and /etc/publickey and they both look OK.  I can't
really figure out what the problem is.  Also, a couple of weeks before it
stopped working, SNAP began creating publickey entries for each new user
added, which it never did before!  If anyone has ever had a problem like
this before, I'd appreciate hearing from you.  Thanks.

-Jon Dunn
jwd at phil.indiana.edu