Adding serial ports to a 386i?

Bill Thorson thorson at typhoon.atmos.colostate.edu
Fri May 5 16:23:26 AEST 1989

Hi,  does anyone have and advice or experience with adding serial ports to
a 386i.  I have a LaserJet and a PaintJet that I want to hang off the
thing.  The cheapest method I can see is to install a 4 port AT card but I
am not sure if it would work at all.  A better method would be to buy one
of the 4-8 port processor controled cards normally used in XENIX 386
machines.

The problem I have is that I would like to buy something not overly
expensive that has been used this way.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Bill Thorson
Dept. of Atmospheric Science
Colorado State University