Debugging child processes

Chris Sterritt sterritt%sdevax.decnet at crdgw1.ge.com
Sat May 27 04:17:31 AEST 1989

this has probably been asked and answered before, so I advance in
apologies and proffer my inexpertise and sun-newnewss as my only excuses.

I would like to debug (that is, view execution stepwise in dbxtool) a
child process, created by the fork() command (and, possibly, down the dark
execl()).

I've tried the debug -k a.out 21234 (where the 21234 is the pid of the
subprocess) but I always get a complaint of the form "can't find symbol
U(something)_DEBUG".

	what's a hacker to do?
	please send informative replies directly to:
	sterritt%sdevax.decnet at crd.ge.com

	and flames to:
	/dev/null :-).

	tnx1e06!