-intr mount option?

Brian Berliner prisma!berliner at uunet.uu.net
Sat May 27 06:35:52 AEST 1989

In Sun-Spots Digest v7n304, stanonik at nprdc.navy.mil (Ron Stanonik) asks:
> Is there ever a time when you wouldn't want to use the -intr mount option?
> That is, why isn't it the default?

I asked myself the exact same thing while doing the NFS port for Convex.
And in no way could I convince myself that it isn't what is always wanted
-- after all, I *did* interrupt the program to kill it, or have my signal
processed in some way!

So, in the Convex NFS distribution, -intr is the default, and it can be
disabled with the new -nointr option to mount.  Hard mounts without -intr
are too likely to burn people not really interested in the particular
mount doing a "df", or what not.

					Brian Berliner
					Prisma, Inc.
					berliner at prisma.com

Disclaimer: Convex is a previous employer and I do not claim to speak for them.