Sun 7053 Disk Controller with Fujitsu 688 Meg Drive?

John A. Murphy jam at gumby.philips.com
Tue May 23 01:42:55 AEST 1989

In article <STEVE.89May15172050 at icad.icad.COM> steve at icad.com (Stephen Carr) writes:

>The major symptom is label read errors, giving me the impression that the
>controller is not seeing the disk too clearly.
>
>	-Juan Collas, ICAD
>Steve Carr
>ARPA: steve at icad.com

We've had this problem also on a 3/160 running 4.0.1.  We've also had
the very annoying problem that we can't read the disk because after
a random number of sectors are read (no more than the first 3 cylinders,
usually within the first) it Watchdog resets.  Is this a subtle hardware
problem with our system or a 753 bug?  It formatted fine but under any
kind of analysis (READ,TEST,REFRESH) it resets the system.  We've tried
booting this machine off the net and off its local 70 meg SCSI drive.

Murf

John A. Murphy                          jam at philabs.philips.com
345 Scarborough Road
Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510    One one-trillionith of a surprise: picaboo
(914)945-6216