VERY URGENT!!! SunOs4.0 Client boots

Michael Keyles keyles at rubbs.fidonet.org
Wed May 17 04:11:44 AEST 1989

 > >Using Internet Number 192.5.220.3 = C005D03
 > >Booting from tftp server 192.5.220.100
 > >Downloaded 126056 bytes via tftp
 > >
 > >Using Internet Number 192.5.220.3
 > >le: missed packet
 > >le: missed packet
 > >No bootparam server responding; still trying...

I've had the same thing happen to me.  The cause was an entry in
/etc/hosts with multiple aliases for the client, with the primary name of
the client not appearing first.  Example for a client named hamlet:

129.14.43.10  gretel hamlet zeus

I received the same exact messages as you did.  When I switched the entry to:

129.14.43.10 hamlet gretel zeus

it booted fine.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Michael Keyles - via FidoNet node 1:107/520
UUCP: ...!rutgers!rubbs!keyles
ARPA: keyles at rubbs.FIDONET.ORG