repaint problem for (genuine) subwindows

Sandeep Mehta sxm at philabs.philips.com
Tue May 9 05:29:48 AEST 1989

The basic problem is that the part of the window manager which handles
refresh after a window move or resize interprets the position of the
window as being relative to the top left-hand corner of the screen (or
root window), rather than relative to its parent.  For all normal
applications, the parent is the root window, so no problem arises, but if
you create a true subwindow (in my case, using window_create( 0, FRAME,
...), having changed the window parent variable (with we_setparentwindow)
to be the name of a frame I created earlier) then moving or resizing the
subwindow causes incorrect refresh.  There must be a fix for this
somewhere.

Thanks in advance.

sandeep
--
Sandeep Mehta                                       ...to be or not to bop ?
uunet!philabs!bebop!sxm                             sxm at philabs.philips.com