Memory allocation at a specific address?

rkc rkc at xn.ll.mit.edu
Thu May 11 19:07:53 AEST 1989

I see that Sun has defined, in their memory packages (we have the source)
a routine called "malloc_at_addr".  This routine takes as arguments the
address to allocate memory and the number of bytes to allocate, and
includes in the header the following line:

	*** INCLUDED FOR SUN RELEASE 3.x SHARED-MEMORY ***

I would like to use this routine in some of my code, but I can't get ld to
find the routine.  My questions are
	1) Where does this routine reside, and
	2) Is there anything special I have to do to use it?

Searches through the man pages yield nothing, but our sys administrator
informs me that we don't have the sys5 only stuff installed.   (Could that
be where it lurks?)

		Thanks for your help,
			-Rob