color screendumps to LaserWriter II

Paul O'Neill pvo1478 at oce.orst.edu
Tue May 9 18:54:29 AEST 1989

>  Does anyone know how to get a B & W LaserWriter II printout from a color
>  screendump done on a Sun3/60?  I'd like to end up with the color values
>  converted to grey-tones, not the rasfilter8to1 look.

The best rasterfile -> PostScript filter I've seen is Michael Mauldin's
"fbps" from the FBM image processing package.  It even uses NTSC color
weights going from color to B&W.

This is a great package!  It's compilable (just type "make"), flexible,
understandable.

See Sun-Spots v7n179 for details.

Paul O'Neill                 pvo at oce.orst.edu
Coastal Imaging Lab
OSU--Oceanography
Corvallis, OR  97331         503-754-3251