Philips Monitors

edelheit%smiley at gateway.mitre.org edelheit%smiley at gateway.mitre.org
Tue May 23 06:43:41 AEST 1989

Like many others, I've had a pretty bad success rate with the Philips
monitor (2 of 3 died within a year).  I wasn't too worried because I had a
maintenance contract on my 3/280 and the 3 3/60's.  However, I have now
picked-up 9 3/50s that have the same monitor.  (Yes, I know about the 3/60
trade-in and the performance of the 3/80.  But I had some good reasons for
the 3/50s)  Anyway, I guess that I can expect the same performance on
these 9 monitors.  What options do I have besides putting them on an
expensive maintenance contract and how much do these options cost?

Regards,

Jeff Edelheit		(edelheit%smiley at gateway.mitre.org)
The MITRE Corporation	7525 Colshire Drive
McLean, VA   22102		(703) 883-7586