Help with 4.0 upgrade on Sun 3/260

Lindsey MS 04396 mlindsey at x102c.harris-atd.com
Sun May 7 02:27:03 AEST 1989

gwl at beach.cis.ufl.edu (Gerry Lawrence) writes:

>I've just been (conned) into upgrading to 4.0 on our 3/260.  We've got two
>Fujitsu 2333's, 8 megs of ram and a 1/4inch tape drive.  I can get all the
>way through the suninstall forms up until the "Installation" menu item,
>which immediately gives:
>
>        Bus error: core dumped

I ran into a similar problem once installing SUN OS 4.0 on a SUN 3/260
with a vt100 console.  It seems that suninstall under 4.0 requires a
bit-mapped console for the "Installation" portion of the install.  Once
the installation was complete, I was able to switch back to a non-SUN
console.

So if you are using a non-SUN console, try borrowing a SUN monitor from
someone and give it a try.

Good luck!

Steve Lindsey		|-)	uunet!x102a!mlindsey
(407) 727-5893		:-)	mlindsey at x102a.harris-atd.com