PostScript within Tex/LaTex (dvi2ps help)?

zifrony at TAURUS.BITNET zifrony at TAURUS.BITNET
Wed May 3 20:51:55 AEST 1989

I have noticed from your posting that you have tried to embedd a
PostScript graphic data within your LaTex document as a figure.  I have
only succeeded in embedding a PostScript input within a LaTex file not in
a figure environment.  I used the \vskip command before it so that LaTeX
will know that it has to skip the picture, then I put the \special
command, which included an additional hoffset parameter to position the
picture correctly in the page, and then continued.  I found out that the
picture is best put in a page of her own (surrounded by \eject from both
sides).

I only resorted to this solution because I needed to place a copy of the
SUN screen in the file.  Otherwise, for figures drawn by FIG, it is best
to transfer the FIG file to LaTeX with fig2latex, and plant this
information in a figure environment in your LaTeX file.

BTW, you can add the figure caption in your PostScript file instead of
using a figure environment.  Alas, it will not appear in your table of
figures.

Doron Zifrony   zifrony%taurus.bitnet at cunyvm.cuny.edu   or
                zifrony at Math.Tau.Ac.IL