Short E-Net Cables (WAS: Re: Why are new Suns thick Ethernet only)

whb at att.att.com whb at att.att.com
Tue May 16 02:40:55 AEST 1989

In article <20260 at uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU>, seeger at iec.ufl.edu (Charles Seeger)
writes:
> BTWbis, does anyone know of a source of short AUI cables, say about 1m?
> All I have found are multiples of 5m.  Is there some technical reason for
> that?

Disclaimer: I REEEELY HATE to mention this company, especially to this
newsgroup, BUT:

Digital Equipment Corp. makes Ethernet transceiver/AUI/thick/15-pin cables
in 2-meter and 5-meter lengths.  Assuming that you and your local sales
rep are not on speaking terms, you can order by calling 1-800-DIGITAL.
The model is BNE4C, and the prices a year or so ago were $55 and $70.

DON'T tell 'em I sent you!

Wilson H. Bent, Jr.		... att!hoh-2!whb (whb at hoh-2.ATT.COM)
AT&T - Bell Laboratories	(201) 949-1277
Disclaimer: My company has not authorized me to issue a disclaimer.