Tiff files

jacob at itd.nrl.navy.mil jacob at itd.nrl.navy.mil
Sun May 7 00:01:00 AEST 1989

Try Jef Poskanzer's "pbm" program, which I believe you can get by
anonymous ftp from expo.lcs.mit.edu.  It will take a monochrome bitmap in
tiff or any of a wide variety of other formats and convert to its own
format, then it can convert from its format to many others (including sun
rasterfile, which you'll want).

	Unsolicited testimonial--
	I've used it to scan pictures in on a Mac, then send them to my
	Sun, edit with "touchup," then include them in troff documents,
	works beautifully.  "pbm" compiled and ran the first time, it's
	a very nice job, elegant and simple.

Rob Jacob

NET:	jacob at itd.nrl.navy.mil
SNAIL:	Code 5530, Naval Research Lab, Washington, D.C. 20375