New Sun Ethernet transcievers

F. L. Charles Seeger III seeger at poe.ufnet.ufl.edu
Thu May 11 22:34:55 AEST 1989

I spoke too soon when I lamented in my previous follow-up about not having
an optional internal Ethernet transceiver.  Well, they do.  I just started
looking through my new price list, and there is an optional SBus Ethernet
controller that includes a tranceiver and both "thick" and thin
connectors.  I assume thick means an AUI connector as opposed to an
N-series tap (I believe that has been their previous usage).  The order
number is X450H, and the list price is $400 with discount category B.
Note that this is the second Ethernet controller in the box, when
installed.  Apparently, there is nothing comparable available on the 3/80,
though they now list a thin transceiver with 15m cable for $300, with no
discount.

Sounds like a good added excuse to go for the SPARCstation.  8-)
BTW, my price list is date "Effective April 1, 1989".

--
  Charles Seeger            216 Larsen Hall             +1 904 392 8935
  Electrical Engineering    University of Florida       Just say NO to