Slow service results -- what do we do ??

Evan Moore 91erm at bigbird.cc.williams.edu
Wed May 24 23:01:48 AEST 1989

Hmmmm.  As we all know, Sun has been getting really low marks in the
service department these days.  We all groan and moan, and really get
peeved when Sun comes around to renew contracts.  But what do we do ??

I don't have the kind of contracts to make this an option, but has anyone
considered sueing Sun Inc. ?  It's my understanding that some contracts
promise service within X hours/days, and if Sun doesn't get back to you
until 10 days later I'd day they've failed there end of the deal.  What to
the legal types have to say ?  Is breach of contract a possability ?

I'm just looking for opinions.  I don't have this sort of contract (except
for 4 hour hardware service on the servers), and I don't really hate Sun
or any such.  I'm just tired of seeing my service calls go down the drain
and offering an idea to the community.

Evan R. Moore
Academic Computing Group
Williams College