Sunview news reader

Sandeep Mehta Sandeep.Mehta at philabs.philips.com
Tue May 9 18:05:49 AEST 1989

In article <15132 at bellcore.bellcore.com>, tr at madeleine (tom reingold) writes:
>$
>$ Does anybody have a toolsome newsreader that runs under Sunview?  Please
>$ reply by e-mail;  I will share responses with anyone who asks.
>
>I don't know about the original poster, but I would prefer something
>that uses an interface closer to that of mailtool.  That way I don't have
>to remember all those weird one letter "rn" commands.  Of course, I still
>want alot of the power that "rn" has.  Sigh....   --wnl

I think the two public domain news readers for Emacs(tool): Gnus and Gnews
are quite nifty, i.e. if you use emacs. The latter is rn-like (it took me
less than a day to convert), and if you like menus, they can be added in.

sandeep
--
Sandeep Mehta                                       ...to be or not to bop ?
uunet!philabs!bebop!sxm                             sxm at philabs.philips.com