Mail info summary

91erm at bigbird.cc.williams.edu 91erm at bigbird.cc.williams.edu
Wed May 3 21:16:16 AEST 1989

Sorry to take so long in getting back to the net ...
(I think 5 months is a personal record.)

Here's a summary of where various UNIX mailers stand:

1) Sendmail:
	Version 5.61 seems to exist, but isn't being distributed.  5.59
	is the latest version available for FTP (at ucbvax.berkeley.edu).

2) IDA Sendmail Enhancements:
	Version 1.2.5 exists.  It can be FTP'ed from some Xerox host,
	but I can't find the message with the name.  Anyone want to
	help ??

3) MH:
	Version 6.6 exists.  Yours for the grab at louie.udel.edu.

4) Elm:
	Version 2.1 due Real Soon Now.

5) Others:
	Columbia has it's own: MM.  Beta test code available via
	anonymous FTP from cunixc.cc.columbia.edu or
	watsun.cc.columbia.edu.

	There's also MMDF for folks involved with CSnet, and MUSH
	(Mail User's Shell) which is a friendly front end.

In the end, I probably dropped a lot of messages and useful info.
Still, what I got was well worth it.  Sorry again for the delay.

Special thanks to:
	Pat Barron
	Fuat Baran
	Steve Dempsey
	John Antypas
	Dave Marquardt
	Eric Schneider
and everyone I've forgotten.

Evan R. Moore
Academic Computing Group
Williams College
91erm at bigbird.cc.williams.edu
(Once of Middlebury College, where this all began ...)