new Sun type-4 keyboards

Gregory N. Bond munnari!melba.bby.oz.au!gnb at uunet.uu.net
Wed May 31 01:16:26 AEST 1989

   Does anyone know if you can actually plug an old-style keyboard into a new
   machine (like a SPARCstation-1 or 3/80)?

Well, the oposite seems to work - this is my brand new 3/60 and it came
with the Sun 4 keyboard.  It is switch selectable tho, for SunOs3.x/4.0,
which indicates there are some incompatabilities.

Urk!  The delete key is above the backspace key, and if I see the help
menu in emacs one more time I'll scream!!!  and getting "`<newline>"
because the return key is the wrong shape!  Alt keys are too small.  But I
do like the feel of the new keyboard.

And what are Compose, Alt Graph, Alt, keys for (as the little diamond
thinggies seem to be the alt key...)

Greg (Who wishes he had a sparcstation-1 to go with his new keyboard).
--
Gregory Bond, Burdett Buckeridge & Young Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
Internet: gnb at melba.bby.oz.au    non-MX: gnb%melba.bby.oz at uunet.uu.net
Uucp: {uunet,mnetor,pyramid,ubc-vision,ukc,mcvax,...}!munnari!melba.bby.oz!gnb