Erasable Optical disk drive for 3/60?

James J Dempsey jjd at bbn.com
Wed May 10 18:56:15 AEST 1989

I've been looking to purchase one of the erasable optical drives which
have been appearing of late. For my money, the Maxtor Tahiti drive seems
the best.  It has a 1GB capacity and a 30ms access time.  Most of the
other drives seem to be around 600MB and have access times in excess of
100ms.

Does anyone know of a vendor that sells a Maxtor Tahiti for Sun, including
a driver?  What about other erasable optical drives?

Thanks,

		--Jim Dempsey--
		BBN Communications
		jjd at bbn.com (DARPA Internet)
                ..!{decvax, harvard, wjh12, linus}!bbn!jjd