Need printcap for ps printer on OS4.0

Ian Gregory plasmoid!iang at dartvax.dartmouth.edu
Sat May 6 23:24:30 AEST 1989

richk at june.cs.washington.edu (Richard Korry) writes:
>I have installed transcript 2.0 under SunOS4.0 for a Laserwriter Plus.
>The printer is attached to a Sun 3/260 via a RS232 line from one of the
>ttyports on the alm-2. It works ok for small files but jams on larger one
>over 4 pages or so. THe yellow light on the printer double flashes. The
>assumption is that the XON/XOFF is screwewd up and the printer is getting
>overwhelmed. THings work fine with s NTXII laserwriter. Any ideas? Here is
>the printcap we currently have:

Here is the reply I got from hotline at sun.com when I asked if we could go
to 4.0 and still run transcript 2.0:

******************
Ian,

Transcript 2.1 is REQUIRED with OS 4.0.

It is to be released at the end of this month (Oct 1988).

hal kempthorne
us answer center

We are about to get a 2.1 tape at last, could we realy have made do with
2.0?

                      Ian Gregory
                      iang at plasmoid.dartmouth.edu