SCSI adapter rumor

simon chan simon%hhb at princeton.edu
Tue May 23 01:30:28 AEST 1989

In article <8905102011.AA06951 at orion>, bet at orion.mc.duke.edu (Bennett Todd) writes:
> > I have heard a rumour that there is an internal scsi adapter on the CPU
> > boards of machines like 3/160, 3/75's (same cpu), and all you need to make
> > scsi peripherals work with this card is a special cable that plugs into
> > the cpuboard.

If you open the Sun3 cage then you should able to find a backplane connector
type cable; which attachs the SCSI board slot and cabling into the
tape controller (for the new Sun) or SysGen 1000 board.
This is the SCSI cabling.
All you need to do is to extend this cabling to other SCSI devices and
you can save youself $100.

hope this help!

p.s. Watch out the PIN 26 of the SCSI devices!
If don't know what is the PIN 26 for then don't do it yourself!

					Simon Chan
					princeton!hhb!simon