sun 4.0 multiple swap partitions

D. Whiteley whiteley at nadc.arpa
Thu May 25 06:47:42 AEST 1989

I'm responding with a question in response to this letter:

>Date:    Thu, 18 May 89 16:51:43 edt
>From:    nassio%cfassp12 at harvard.harvard.edu (George Nassiopoulos)
>Subject: sun 4.0 multiple swap partitions
>
>We have a Sun 4/280 server running 4.0 -- we would like to be able to swap
>on two partitions on two disks connected to the server, but don't seem to
>be able to do so.

I also have a Sun3/280 that I would like to have swap on two partitions.
When I installed this machine I tried numerous combinations of the config
line in the kernel file.  I either got a syntax error from /etc/config for
that line, or a kernel that only swaps on one partition.

I thought maybe I hadn't tried what wnl suggested.  But I got a syntax
error from /etc/config when I did try it just now.

Is this perhaps a difference between SunOS 4.0 and SunOS 4.0.1?

Is it possible to put a line in the /etc/fstab file for a second swap
partition?  Or is that only for swap partitions for clients?

Thanks,

Denice

whiteley at nadc.arpa