versatec font editor

uunet.uu.net!attcan!utzoo!henry at cs.utexas.edu uunet.uu.net!attcan!utzoo!henry at cs.utexas.edu
Tue May 9 19:31:03 AEST 1989

>I'm looking for an editor for versatec format screen fonts.  Versatec is
>the format used by sunview.  Does anyone know of such a beast?  ...

We haven't got an editor for vfonts, but what we do have is a pair of
programs to translate vfonts to and from an equivalent text representation
that can be edited with your favorite text editor.  This obviously isn't
as good as a "real" font editor running on a bitmap display, but it's a
whole lot more usable on an ASCII terminal!  It also makes it easy to
manipulate fonts with awk, sed, etc.  If people are interested, I can
polish this stuff up and make it available.

                                     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
                                 uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu