changing IP address on a 3/50

Joe Michel-Angelo tekbspa!tss!joe at uunet.uu.net
Tue Oct 17 02:24:40 AEST 1989

In article <1941 at brazos.Rice.edu>, by grant at saturn.cs.swin.oz.au (Grant Collins):
| I need to change the IP address of a diskless 3/50 served by a 4/260
| (running YP) but have struck a problem.  I have changed the IP address in
| the /etc/hosts file and re-made the YP map, and renamed the /tftpboot file
| appropriately, but when I reboot the 3/50 it gives 'access denied' when it

Did you also change /export/root/whomever/etc/hosts? Remember, rc.boot
sets the hostname and IP address from the client-local /etc/hosts file
BEFORE ypbind is run.

"The Network        Joe Angelo -- Support Group @ Teknekron Software Systems
 Adminstrator       Palo Alto, Ca 94301 415-325-1025
 Is The
 Computer..."       uunet!tekbspa!joe - joe at tss.com - tekbspa!joe at uunet.uu.com