Multiple Process Debugging ??

Geoff Whale geoff at idec.stc.co.uk
Fri Oct 20 02:20:15 AEST 1989

A group here is working on a project using a SUN in an embedded real-time
application involving communicating processes.

When they get to debugging this they are likely to ask for a multi-process
debugger. The kind of thing I'm thinking of is the ability to apply a dbx
or dbxtool type operation to multiple processes, stopping all the
processes when any one of them hits a breakpoint, ........ etc.

Has anyone come across anything like this ? Please mail me any pointers
and I'll summarise if I get any number of "I'd like to hear about too"
messages.

(If you have the source for just such a thing, please let me know about
it, but don't mail it yet, in case there are a lot of them out there !)

Geoff Whale  <geoff at idec.stc.co.uk> or <...mcsun!ukc!idec!geoff>
             ICL Network Systems, Six Hills House, Stevenage, UK.