Booting from server over network

carl at doctor.tymnet.com carl at doctor.tymnet.com
Wed Oct 4 17:44:24 AEST 1989

We have experienced exactly the same "slow" response.  We have 6 3/280s
acting as a large NFS system and wanted to use an alternate root/swap/usr
partition (as a client of another server) in case of catastrophic failure
of the primary disk on each server.

It took more than 15 minutes to boot the server as a client of another one
of our servers.  This is appalling!!!

-Carl