330/370 Questions

Jeff Weber ginosko!cg-atla!weber at uunet.uu.net
Mon Oct 16 22:41:18 AEST 1989

In article <2081 at brazos.Rice.edu> chuck_sirvax_staatse at cup.portal.com writes:

>We just recieved our 330 and have a few questions.

No kidding!

>1) Are memory's for the Sparcstation 330,370, SPARCserver 330, 370 and 390
>interchangeable?  Has anyone tried this?

The 16MB memory board that Sun has designed for the 330 will not work in a
370 or 390 as far as I know.  I'm trying to find out if the memory board
for a 370/390 will work in a 330.  I think it should but it will of course
use up the remaining 9u slot in the 330.  That's not worth it to me.

>2) Has anyone been able to expand SPARCstation 330 memory capacity over
>the stated 56 megabyte?

If you read the manuals that came with your 330 you'd see how to put 4MB
SIMMS in.

>3) How is a 330 different from a SPARCserver 390.

In what respect?  They're both VME bus machines and they share the same
CPU.  That's about it from a hardware standpoint.

							Jeff Weber