Limitation on number of /etc/group memberships?

Dave_Brent at mtsg.ubc.ca Dave_Brent at mtsg.ubc.ca
Tue Oct 17 12:52:10 AEST 1989

I haven't seen any problem with users being in > 8 groups if you're in an
environment of SunOS 4.0/4.0.1 machines.  If this is going to cause
problems with SunOS 4.0.3, thanks for the warning!

Similarly, as far as multi-group entries go, we've got one that's got >>
30 members and the portmapper starts up fine.  Is this something else
that's going to break with 4.0.3?

Dave Brent                      Internet: Dave_Brent at mtsg.ubc.ca
Academic Operating Systems      UUCP:     ...!ubc-cs!mtsg.ubc.ca!Dave_Brent
University Computing Services   BITNET:   USERPROP at UBCMTSG
U. of British Columbia          Phone:    (604) 228-5736
Vancouver, B.C., V6T 1W5        Fax:      (604) 228-5116