Public domain version of TRANSCRIPT

John C. Schultz mmm!us214777 at uc.msc.umn.edu
Wed Oct 4 05:31:24 AEST 1989

In article <1836 at brazos.Rice.edu> MARDEL at VMSAC writes:
>I have been told about a public domain version of transcript to convert
>ascii file in poscript format & print screen dumps .

I would like a reference too if possible.  In the meantime, I am using a
laserwriter filter called lwf/lwp which IS PD.  It converts text into
Postscript with a choice of font sizes.  I also just snarfed up a program
called "cz" from comp.sources.misc which promises to do similar (maybe)
things for other languages/types.

As to dumping windows, if you use X windows, there are utilities xwd and
xpr which allow you to dump and print any window you point to.  About the
only thing the Transcript software provides that I can't do now is convert
nroff manuals to Postscript.  Suggestions?

BTW, I am printing on a Dataproducts LZR 1260 at 38400 baud from a Sun
3/160 under Sun OS 4.0.3.  You cannot use 38400 under SunOS < 4.0 because
Sun used a short for the baud rate prior to 4.0.

John C. Schultz                   EMAIL: jcschultz at mmm.com
3M Company                        WRK: +1 (612) 733 4047
3M Center, Building 518-01-1      St. Paul, MN  55144-1000