configuration problem on a 3/50 - wont configure

Jason Heirtzler jdh at bu-pub.bu.edu
Thu Oct 12 10:49:43 AEST 1989

>>I have a problem configuring a new kernel on a diskless 3/50 served by a
>>4/260 (both running 4.0.3).  Basically it wont work!  The manual states
>>that the kernel MUST be made on a machine of the same architecture as that
>>which it will run on.  Does anyone know why this is so?  I mean, surely
>>you can cross compile on the 4/260..  Anyway, the manual (pg 155,
>
>No, you CANNOT cross compile on the Sun's without buying Sun's cross
>compiler support ..

According to the most recent STB, the cross compiler *still* doesn't run
on SunOS 4.0 !  Give your sales rep(tile) a call, or better yet give
Ripley's a call..

This hit us about a year ago when we got a 4/280 and everything was ready
for SunOS 4 (F77, TAAC, pc, Lucid) .. everything except the cross
compilers.

Jason Heirtzler           (617) 353-2780       jdh at bu-it.bu.edu
Information Technology    Boston University    ..!harvard!bu-cs!bu-it!jdh